Andaman and Nicobar Islands is a Union Territory of the Republic of India. This region is located in the Indian Ocean. Geographically, the region is considered part of Southeast Asia. The Union Territory consists of two separate islands called the Andaman Islands and the Nicobar Islands. The Andaman Sea is the boundary to the east, and to the west, there is the Bay of Bengal. Get the Andaman Tour now.
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are home to indigenous peoples since prehistoric times. The British conducted an ethnographic survey in the region. This study reveals that for centuries, the two islands were in the possession of the Negrito and Mongoloid tribes for centuries before the arrival of the expatriates. This study reveals that for centuries, the two islands were in the possession of the Negrito and Mongoloid tribes for centuries. On the recommendation of two naval officers in 1788, the Governor-General Lord Cornwallis established a British colony on Chatham Island. This year, Lieutenant Reginald Blair conducted survey work in the area. Port Cornwallis was named after him as Port Blair.
After the Great Revolution of 1857, the British government planned to build a prisoner here. And the prison was built on Viper Island in 1858. 200 prisoners were taken to this jail. During the Second World War, the Andamans was occupied by Japanese soldiers. Later, the Japanese handed over to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose’s Azad Hind Fauj.
The flying distance form Kolkata to Andaman is two hours. 572 islands together. Of these, only 38 are inhabited. If you do not have much time in hands, then it is better to do at least 7 days plan. The Andaman Tour is bliss for Kolkata Tourists.
The islands of Andaman and Nicobar, renowned for their unparalleled beauty, breath-taking flora and fauna, are named “Panna Islands”. Indeed beautiful locales, sun-kissed beaches, picnic grounds, and various other spectacular beauties – have brought a different dimension to the Andaman tourism system. The beaches are lined with enormous ancient sprawl and golden sand, which have the power to revitalize your soul and free you from all kinds of annoyance. Museums and monuments make a great contribution to the tourism of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Famous museums include the Forest Museum, the Oceanic Naval Marine Museum, the National Museum and the Anthropological Museum. The monument, on the other hand, contains cellular prisons, the Vipers Island gorge – which attracts many tourists. Madhuban and Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park in Port Blair is an important addition. The various types of water sports are really impressive and you will love to participate in them.
The Best tourist spots are in Andaman are-
- Long Island: Long Island is one of Andaman’s most popular scenic spots. The sandy beach in the Gulf of Lalaji is also considered one of Long Island’s main attractions. Tourists crowd the place to watch the dolphins.
- Cellular jails: Andaman is a place where the convicts of the abuses of the British rulers were sent into exile and taken prisoner behind the bars. Cellular prisons carry a great past under its reign. Tourists and curious people came to visit the cellular jail to witness the freedom fighters who had lived their lives through unbearable suffering.
- Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park: Andaman’s surrounding landmarks include the Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park. The national park is located in Wandoor, consisting of 15 islands with open seas and creeks. Tourists come here to see the amazing life of the Andaman marine creatures and the beauty of the rare coral. With the resources of scuba diving and snorkeling, the national park has become an integral part of the Andaman landscape.
- Anthropological Museum: The Anthropological Museum is a place to preserve the imprint of Andaman’s ethnic heritage. So, here we see various objects made by people of different tribal communities of Andaman, handicrafts, garments, sculptures, etc. Nicobar Landscapes include the diverse beaches of Nicobar Island. Anyone can enjoy the sheer beauty of the island nature. Wonderful and fascinating forests, white sandy beaches and transparent streams like sea glass are the main attractions of Nicobar Island.
- Car Nicobar: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands consist of a group of islands located in the center of the Bay of Bengal. Recently, the place has become the main topic of tourism and throughout the year a large number of tourists from all parts of the world are seen here. One of the island’s main tourist attractions, Cara Nicobar is one of the best sightseeing destinations. Car Nicobar is originally headquartered in the Nicobar Islands. These fertile plains are covered with coconut trees. Even the noise of the whistling of the sea will captivate the minds of tourists. Nicobar’s Car Nicobar Island has a wide variety of flora and fauna. Also, it provides an interesting view of the forests and seaside. The stunning white sandy beach makes this island one of the best travel destinations.
- Great Nicobar Island: Among the numerous islands of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Great Nicobar Island is a place where many tourists visit. Every year countless people from different corners of the globe come here to unveil the immense beauty of the Great Nicobar Island. There is also a remarkable variety of orchids. The natural flora and fauna of the island are a great stir for the botanists and zoologists, and thus the island attracts a large number of scientists. The nature of the island is very eco-friendly. The Indira Point is located here. The island is a pleasant habitat for turtles, these turtles are known as giant leatherback turtles.
- Indira Point: Indira Point is one of the must-visit places in Andamans. Indira Point is one of the most beautiful places known for its long gigantic lighthouse. The Indira Point Lighthouse was built in 1972 and since then served as an important landmark for ships arriving from Malacca. After Indira Gandhi’s visit, this place was renamed as Indira Point permanently.
Port Blair is the main market for shopping in Andaman and Nicobar. Coral and oyster products with numbers of shapes are stuffed in the shops. The things you get there are-
Pearl and handmade products.
Lamp-shade made with coconut shells
Wooden products such as walking sticks, pots and trays, furniture, most of which are made of local wood.
Ornaments such as earrings, bracelets, etc.
Mat made of coconut leaves (palm mats).
Other shopping centers are located in Goalghar, Janglighat, Premnagar, and Delanipur. As you can see that the place is rich with attractions, then why wait? Get the Andaman Tour today.