The Porbandar city is located on the western coast of Saurashtra, in Gujarat state of India, bounded by Arabian Sea. This city has significance for both history and politics. This city has been mentioned in history since the time of Mahabharata, because it is the birthplace of Shri Krishna’s friend Sudama. And in reality, Porbandar is birthplace of Mahatma Gandhi, ‘the father of nation’. And excavations around Porbandar have revealed the possibility of becoming a city from Harappa civilization around Porbandar in the 12th century BC.
Specialties of Porbandar
There are more temples, dams, sea beaches and wildlife spots to add to your experience at Porbandar. It is definitely a tourist city in Gujarat with its heritage attractions. The local restaurant offers local Gujarati cuisine as well as Indian, Punjabi, Chinese and Continental dishes that you can’t miss.
Destinations of Porbandar
- Satranji choro was built by Maharaja Sartanji, to see the beauty of it, enter through the Darbari house.
- Jambuban cave is a place where the Shiva Temple and the tomb of Guru Ramdas Ji is situated. According to Ramayana, Jambuban was the king of the Himalayas who helped Lord Rama to find his wife Sita.
- Nehru Planetarium is one of the sightseeing spot in Porbandar. Its main attraction is in this theatre the projection of our galaxy are shown like a short movie.
- The Krishna Sudama temple, which is dedicated to Sudama
- Rich in different colours and variations of Indian culture, Bharat Mandir is also a place to see.
And there has many more historic and traditional things to witness.