With the verdant beauty of the snowcapped mountains in the backdrop, the green meadows and the white clouds blend to make dreamlike Valley of Flowers trek. Perched at an altitude of 14,400 ft, this trek was a sudden discovery by British traveller Frank Smith in 1931. Step into the bed of flowers while you head out for this one of a kind beautiful trek. You will start this trek from Govindghat via Joshimath which will lead you to Hemkund Sahib on day fourth. The trek is considered as an easy to moderate trek and is a favourite among the beginners as well as avid trekkers. Feast your eyes with the thousands of flowers in full bloom.
You will come across several streams casually meandering through the valley. Next, you will come across the high altitude serene lake, Hemkund 4329 metre. This lake is considered as a holy site for both Hindus and Sikhs. The trail will be a steep one but the amazing view with the seven snow-capped mountain around you will definitely make you feel enchanted. Witness the beauty of Hathi Parvat and Saptrishi peaks that feed the lake and you will find a small stream called Himganga which flows out from the lake. It is believed that Govind Singh, the tenth Guru of the Sikh faith had meditated on the bank of this lake in one during the ancient times.
3 Hours Before Traint Time
Here are a few things that you can expect in our Valley of Flowers Trek Package
• As you arrive in Delhi, meet our tour representative who helps you with an assisted road transfer to Haridwar. On the way, stop for lunch. Upon reaching Haridwar, complete the check-in formalities at the hotel. Freshen-up and get ready for exploring this holy city on the banks of River Ganga. Visit the very popular Ganga ghat, Har-ki-paudi. The evening is scheduled for the remarkable Ganga aarti, the river worshipping ceremony. While holy chants are played in the background, admire the wonderful sight of lighted lamps that falls into the flowing water of the river. Back to the hotel for dinner.
• Stay overnight in Haridwar.
• On day 2, enjoy breakfast. Later start your drive to the beautiful hill town of Joshimath. It is also a popular Hindu pilgrimage center. As you are driving upwards, halt at the holy sites of Devprayag, Rudraprayag and Karnprayag, the confluences of the Alaknanda River with River Bhagirathi, River Mandakini, and River Pindar. Continue your journey to Joshimath. As you reach, check into the hotel is followed by sightseeing.
• Overnight stay.
• Today, post breakfast, start driving to Govidghat, a beautiful hamlet, which is equally popular amid adventure enthusiasts and pilgrims. Govindghat is also known to be the starting point of trek to Valley of Flowers and Hemkund Sahib Trek. From here, start your trek to the beautiful Ghangaria village. It is placed on the confluence of River Pushpawati and River Hemganga and is also the last human habitation center during the trek. The village lies in the Bhyundar valley. As you arrive in Ghangaria, check -in at the hotel. The evening is for relaxing.
• Overnight stay.
• On the 4th day of the tour, trek to Hemkund Sahib starts. Hemkund Sahib is a highly revered pilgrimage center among Sikhs, associated with the 10th Sikh Guru, Guru Gobind Singh. It is believed that he meditated here for several years.
• On your way to gurudwara, you come across attractive views of magnificent Himalayas, cascading waterfalls and lush forests. Referred as Gurudwara Sri Hemkunt Sahib, Hemkund Sahib is the highest gurudwara of Sikh community that is settled at an altitude up to 4329 meters above the sea level. It is a star shaped gurudwara made up of white marble. Offer sincere prayers at the gurudwara and get the blessings of almighty. Thereafter, return to Ghangaria.
• Stay overnight.
• This day is scheduled for Valley of Flowers trek. Valley of Flowers is one among the top-tourist sites in Uttarakhand. It covers an area up to 87 square kilometer and is like a wonderland for nature lovers, adventure lovers and avid photographers.
• It is UNESCO heritage site that is best-known for its lush velvet meadows, flower strewn beds and endangered species of flora and fauna. Legends say that it was this place from where Lord Hanuman collected ‘Sanjevani’ herbs for Lord Ram’s younger brother, Lord Laxman. The enchanting location paints picture of variety of flowers including Geraniums, Marsh Marigold, Rhododendrons, Asters, Strawberries, Primulas and Epilobiums.
• The winsome scenic beauty formed by range of flowers is simply mesmerizing. And adding on to its charm is the tranquil ambience that makes it look more fascinating. Moreover, if you are lucky enough, you may also spot Musk Deer, Brown beer, Red fox, Blue sheep and Asiatic Black bear. Back to Ghangaria in the evening.
• Overnight stay.
• In the morning, embark on the 13 km trek from Ghangaria to Govindghat. Treat your eyes to the wonderful views. As you reach Govindghat, drive to Rudraptayag. On arrival, check-in at the hotel. The remaining day is at leisure. Take rest or explore the place on your own.
• Overnight stay in Rudraprayag.
• Today, start your road journey to Rishikesh, the ‘Yoga Capital of India’. This is a beautiful pristine town on the banks of River Ganga. It is dotted with innumerable temples and ashrams. Enjoy sightseeing and temple tour of Rishikesh. Some of the popular attractions in Rishikesh include Lakshman Jhula, Ram Jhula, Neelkanth Mahadev Temple, Triveni Ghat, Parmath Niketan Temple, and Swarg Ashram. Later in the day, get transferred to Haridwar. After arrival, check in at the hotel.
• Stay overnight in Rishikesh.
• Today is the last day of the tour. Partake in local sightseeing and temples tour of Haridwar. Later in the day, drive to Delhi. Get to the railway station or the airport for your onward journey.